Verivue Unveils OneVantage Content Delivery SolutionComprehensive Solution Extensible to a Host of New CDN Services
April 05, 2011
Verivue, Inc., a leading authority and innovator in the fast growing field of digital content delivery, today announced the introduction of its OneVantageTM content delivery solution. OneVantage is a fully integrated suite of content delivery network (CDN) software elements that enables network operators to quickly and easily deploy new CDN services without the time and expense associated with developing custom solutions.
OneVantage includes all the components needed to operate a competitive multi-tenant CDN network, including a high performance cache, a request router for dynamic cache selection, and a full management and analytics suite that gives both the operator and content owner detailed visibility to optimize the end user experience.
“The introduction of the OneVantage solution builds upon Verivue’s acquisition of CoBlitz in late 2010,” said Jim Dolce, CEO of Verivue. “This powerful, extensible and fully integrated platform expands our served market beyond managed video networks to include ‘over-the-top’ (OTT) video services and other rich interactive content.”
Verivue has outlined the following services targeted by the OneVantage solution:
* Bandwidth optimization: Transparent caching technology replicates rich media content at the network’s edge, helping network operators manage dramatic increases in OTT traffic volume.
* Multi-screen video: Verivue’s unified CDN approach blends broadband delivered content with legacy set-top-based services into a consistent video entertainment experience for consumers.
* Operator CDNs: All the components needed to build and operate a comprehensive, multi-tenant CDN network for both retail and wholesale CDN services.
* Mobile data acceleration: When embedded into the mobile network, access to popular content is moved closer to the subscriber, improving utilization of existing network resources while providing improved quality customer experience.
* Cloud edge optimization: By integrating a CDN into the front end of a cloud service offering, operators can offer their customers a superior service experience that alters the competitive landscape.
These solutions reflect Verivue’s vision of a rapidly shifting market where dramatic increases in Internet traffic volume have created a pressing need for new business models. In this environment, CDNs offer a strategic opportunity for network operators to insert themselves into the content value chain.
“Content delivery forms a key battleground in telecommunications. The rapidly shifting landscape means that network operators need to fully understand the competition and the opportunities,” said Dr. Ray Mota, Managing Partner, ACG Research. “Content delivery networks play a vital role in enabling operators to leverage this fast-growing market opportunity cost effectively. Verivue clearly understands the market issues, offering solutions that address the breadth of applications, including video, which must be distributed effectively to consumer-hungry customers.”
“The market for content networking technology is set to accelerate as a growing number of network operators include CDN in their retail, wholesale and network optimization strategies,” said Brian Partridge, vice president, Yankee Group. “A unified approach to content delivery that can address opportunities across the spectrum will be of certain attraction to operators who wish to fully monetize investments in content delivery technologies.”
OneVantage is available now through certified resellers in the Verivue Partner Network and directly from Verivue.
About Verivue, Inc.
Headquartered in Westford, MA, Verivue, Inc. develops and markets high-performance, HTTP-optimized content delivery networks that enable service providers to reduce network cost and meet ever increasing demand for rich media content delivered across multiple devices.