Univision Communications Migrates Kalido Implementation to Teradata PlatformLeading U.S. Media Company to Leverage High Performance Platform to Broaden Already Successful Kalido-Based Initiatives
March 15, 2011
Kalido, the leading independent provider of data governance solutions, today announced that Univision Communications, the leading media company serving Hispanic America, is expanding its Kalido® Information Engine™ implementation to enable deeper understanding of customer behavior, improve analysis of marketing campaign effectiveness and conduct spot-level analysis of TV and radio ad sales. As part of this effort, Univision will redeploy their Kalido environment on a Teradata platform, giving them a high performance platform in addition to the agility of their Kalido solution.
Empowering Business Users
Over the past two years, Univision’s business intelligence team has successfully used their Kalido-powered information management platform to empower their business users and improve analysis of their marketing campaigns and ad sales. Most recently, the business intelligence program was critical to the successful rollout of Univision’s new prepaid financial service products.
In support of the rollout, the Enterprise Business Intelligence team needed to deliver a platform that could:
* Establish and load financial projections
* Design pilot deployments with different offerings and monitor their market acceptance
* Review daily intelligence and make mid-course corrections
* Make informed offering decisions to maximize ROI for nationwide launches
By quickly building a high-quality platform for analytics based on the Kalido Information Engine, Univision has been able to provide business users with both formal reports and ad-hoc analysis capabilities that span daily consumer behavior and monthly operational and accumulative metrics, many of which are provided by third-party card processing services. The platform includes sophisticated business modeling, master data management and data warehouse change management capabilities.
Capitalizing on Success
This year, Univision plans to capitalize on the success of its current business intelligence initiatives by significantly expanding its data under management. This increase in data volume, coupled with plans to increase the frequency of reports, and a new program to deliver spot-level analysis of television and radio ad sales, requires a more robust hardware infrastructure to support BI. As a result, Kalido recommended a Teradata solution as an easy way to migrate their existing environment without losing any momentum on their current projects. With Kalido on Teradata, Univision will be able to increase efficiency and performance at lower cost.
Charles Doucot, vice president of worldwide sales at Kalido, said:
* “Univision has remarkable insight into their users’ needs and has already delivered significant value to their organization through their business intelligence program. When they wanted to expand it further, we suggested they consider our newest high-performance platform. Univision can now go faster than ever before without losing time, flexibility or requiring many months of manpower. We’re excited to be able to support Univision’s ambitious plans and look forward to many more successes ahead.”
* View Univision’s Kalido Connect 2010 presentation at: http://bit.ly/kconnect_univision
* Learn more about the partnership between Kalido and Teradata at: http://www.kalido.com/partners-teradata.htm
* Join the conversation by joining Kalido’s new online community, Kalido Connections, at www.kalidoconnections.com or following us on Twitter @kalido
* Visit the Kalido blog, “Kalido Conversations,” at www.kalidoconversations.com
Kalido is the leading provider of business-driven data governance software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world’s most profitable companies as determined by Fortune Magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.