Polyvore Reveals the Top Fashion Likes and Searches for 2012December 06, 2012
by Mark Leevan
The 19+ million users on Polyvore interact with over 50 million indexed products on the site everyday. In 2012, so far this has led to almost 100 billion engagements and impressions of these individual items in 2012.
Polyvore captures all this data and uses it to surface top trends, brands and products at any given time.
"We’re democratizing fashion," says Jess Lee, CEO of Polyvore, the most popular fashion site on the Internet. More than 13 million unique visitors a month choose from 45 million product images to create "sets"--collages that look like fashion magazine pages, with every item available for purchase. That’s made Polyvore a shoppable magazine. "We’re giving people, not fashion editors, the voice to define taste," says Lee.
UPDATE: Polyvore now has more than 19 million unique visitors (instead of 13 million unique visitors).
The following is a list of the top ten products most clicked on, searched for, shared, clipped, pinned, used in sets or simply just "liked" by the Polyvore community in 2012.
- Lanvin Wide Brim Hat
- Ray-Ban Classic Clubmaster Sunglasses
- Vanessa Bruno Athe Crew Neck Sweater
- Proenza Schouler Jean Jacket
- The Row Hunting Dress
- J Brand Denim Aiden Mid-Rise Boy Jeans
- T by Alexander Wang Turtle Neck Pullover
- Alexander McQueen Pleated Leather Dress
- Dolce & Gabbana Chili Pepper-Print Cotton Bustier
- Lanvin Bi-Colour Cigarette Case Box Clutch