Kalido Paves the Way for Enterprise Data Governance with Latest Release of the Kalido Information EngineOctober 06, 2009
Kalido Connect 2009
• Kalido, a leading provider of information management software for enterprise data governance, today announced that the latest version of the Kalido® Information Engine™ will be generally available by the end of October 2009.
• Inaccurate or incomplete data can lead to operational errors, compliance risks and poorly informed business decisions. Enterprise data governance can address these challenges in a systematic way, but many data governance programs fail due to the lack of accountability, user involvement and business ownership.
• The new release of the Kalido Information Engine provides a collaborative platform for a broad community of business and IT users, with the scalability and performance needed for an enterprise-wide adoption of a data governance program. Business can now take ownership of data and participate in the governance processes, resulting in continuous improvement in data quality.
Bringing Governance Enterprise-Wide
• Collaboration: Kalido is providing a new business user interface that includes intuitive search and browse capabilities, giving business users direct access to published master data. Business users can identify issues and request changes, completing a critical feedback loop to enhance data quality and establish trust. Change requests are automatically routed to data stewards through Kalido’s highly configurable, embedded workflow engine for timely action and audit trail.
• Continuous Quality Improvement: With this latest release, Kalido separates work-in-progress master data from published master data and provides precise control over how and when publication occurs. This gives data owners the freedom to continuously refine master data, and gives organizations the flexibility to construct data governance processes based on business requirements.
• Scale and Performance: Kalido has been designed to support more than 500 million master data records and has also significantly increased data load and validation speed, ensuring that organizations will have the scalability and performance required to keep pace with growing data volumes and concurrent users.
Extending Data Governance Leadership
• The new capabilities delivered in this release of the Kalido Information Engine complement Kalido’s already extensive offering, including such features as sophisticated workflow, embedded data matching, continuous data profiling and validation, full audit trailing, and role-based security in flexible, model-driven architecture.
• The release also increases Kalido’s data governance market presence and technology leadership, which was most recently demonstrated in the September 2009 announcement of the Kalido KONA Information Appliance, the first information management appliance with fully integrated data governance capabilities.
• Screenshots of the new business user interface can be found at: http://www.kalido.com/multimedia
Jill Dyché, partner and co-founder of Baseline Consulting, said:
• “One of the biggest challenges we see in our work with clients is the lack of a common understanding of what it means to ‘execute’ data governance. The data governance functionality in the newest release of the Kalido Information Engine should solve that problem. By giving its customers search, browsing, data validation and rule enforcement - through a series of intuitive interfaces - Kalido not only automates previously cumbersome data management functions, they also help define the rules of engagement between IT and business users.”
Bill Hewitt, president and CEO of Kalido, said:
• “For many organizations, data governance has been an elusive goal, given the lack of technology designed specifically to support the process. With Kalido’s top-down, business model-driven approach, organizations can now extend the process to those who need it most; the business users. With this release of the Kalido Information Engine, we’re giving the business easy access to the information they need to improve both top and bottom line performance.”
Kalido delivers industry leading solutions for turning bad data into meaningful business information. Developed through years of successful best practice implementations, Kalido’s robust, business-model driven information management engine governs data across the enterprise and automatically feeds information to industry standard BI platforms. Kalido software is implemented at over 250 locations in more than 100 countries with market leading companies. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.