Kalido Launches New Online Community to Accelerate Information Management Best Practices"Kalido Connections" Seeks to Improve Success of Data Governance, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Master Data Management Initiatives
March 29, 2011
* New Kalido Connections community delivers a collaborative platform to deliver education and encourage the evolution of information management disciplines
Kalido, the leading independent provider of data governance solutions, today announced “Kalido Connections” (www.kalidoconnections.com), an online networking and collaboration community platform devoted to individuals who recognize that data needs to be managed as an enterprise asset.
The challenge of information management has increased significantly. Increasing focus on end to end business processes that rely on accurate information, the continuing evolution of agile business models, regulatory requirements and global extensions of business functions such as supply chains all demand accuracy and reliability of information. While some organizations are rising to this challenge by developing cross-functional teams, policies and processes to govern data, the skills and experience required to make these programs successful are still relatively scarce and constantly evolving.
Kalido Connections helps evolve information management disciplines through the sharing of ideas, best practices, tips and knowledge about the discipline of data management between information management professionals. With groups devoted to data governance; data warehousing, BI and analytics; master data management; and business information modeling, Kalido Connections already boasts nearly 100 tutorials, business information models, case studies, data policies and implementation tips.
As the Community continues to grow, Kalido Connections will develop even more functionality, including: targeted group chats; a wiki-based library of articles and resources for data governance, business intelligence and master data management; customer highlights and more.
Kalido Connections is available at www.kalidoconnections.com.
Peter Lamb, independent consultant, Peter J. Lamb & Associates, said:
* “I’ve worked with Kalido for years, with a number of different clients. Kalido’s business-driven approach to information management has demonstrated value time and again. This latest medium for collaboration provides a great forum for IT and business users alike to work together towards more successful projects.”
Allen Johnson, vice president of marketing and channels at Kalido, said:
* “While there are many great websites and conferences that highlight data governance, business intelligence and master data management, we felt that most were either content or forum based. We wanted to bring together both formats—and more—to promote a rich member-driven experience. Since the soft-launch of the site in late 2011, the new community has attracted industry analysts, technology and management consultants, practitioners and software vendors. The formula seems to work and we’ll continue to expand the content and formats in response.”
* Join the conversation by joining Kalido’s new online community, Kalido Connections, at www.kalidoconnections.com or following us on Twitter @kalido
* Visit the Kalido blog, “Kalido Conversations”
Kalido is the leading provider of business-driven data governance software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world’s most profitable companies as determined by Fortune Magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.